Thursday, November 22, 2007

TAYLOR'S SAM CORROBOREE : RED CARPET GLAMOUR PART 2

Haha... I'm getting lazy (and tired fingers XD)

HOLLYWOOD GLAMOUR

@ Sunway Lagoon Resort Hotel
6.30 p.m. - 12 midnight

70+ tables.... and guess where were K2's two tables? 68 and 69 respectively! XD So of course, we were right at the end of the ballroom. Apart from not being able to see the stage that well, it was actually good, because the back was where it was most ideal to snap piccus =p


^ My table. The 'dark wilderness' at the back is actually the front of the ballroom where the satge and everything was. The two guys were our table mates from E4.

And actually, the ballroom was pretty darn hard to find, because you have to use the elevator that is at the other side of the hotel lobby... hidden away in a corner in another wing, and take it to the 15th floor although finding which floor wasn't a problem. Luckily there was a security guard to assist me.

Anyway, I got there LATE!! >_< Was initially supposed to arrive by 7, but instead left DJ at 7 and got to the hotel at around 7.40...


^ Candid-ness. Er Kai was holding my camera and he decided to experiment with it XD
Yin Fong on the left and Pei Zhe on the right.


^ Tze Yin, Yin Fong, I and Pei Zhe. They look so gorgeous, ya? ^^

I don't think anyone at our table ate much, as we were rushing here and there to snap pics, as well as going in and out of the ballroom. We definitely missed dessert, as the ballroom's lights were dimmed by that time in preparation for 'makeshift clubbing' and we just didn't fancy staying inside. And a few times. by the time we got back to our table, there were already a few dishes awaiting us =p


^ Cheers =) I like this pic ^^

But I love the organizers for not serving Shark's Fin Soup. Thank you! It's rare that I get to drink the soup during Chinese dinners because shark's fin is a no-no with me ^^


^ Jana (cute white dress ^^ ), Tze Yin (another cute dress, this time in black ^^ ), Jia-Li (nice sparkly details near the hem), Pei Zhe (loved how she converted the black dress she got at Taipan), Yin Fong (another dress I adored, and your hair looked nice gal ^^ ), me (bad angle)


^ Full length view of everyone's gorgeous gowns (and shoes! =p )
Debbie, Melanie, Grace, Jana, Tze Yin, Preeta, Jia-Li, Pei Zhe, Yin Fong and moi ^^


^ Bestest best friends in K2 =)


^ Moi, Yin Fong, Tze Yin, Preeta (nice dress design ^^) and Pei Zhe


^ Me, Yin Fong, Melanie (mum said her dress was nice ^^ ), Tze Yin and Debbie (she looked very pretty too, that I almost couldn't recognize her XD )


^ I, Yin Fong, Cassandra (looking good ^^), Grace (lovely purple gown), Yin Fong and Pei Zhe



^ The one from Sandakan and the 4 gals... haha... in other words, us gals and Michael =p


^ Haha... I actually really like this pic XD The guys are: Tat Ren and Ren-yi... one with lots of hair and the other nearly hairless... but he and Carynn look cute together XD


And now for the duets XD


^ Editor-in-chief, Shyan
Like most other people I've known this year who were not in my class, he's part of the yearbook gang XD


^ Sue Wye Luun aka Luunie Sue XD Only person I'm close with from Samad days that is also doing SAM. He looks so adorable here.

He said his special girl was there that evening too, but I still don't know who she is =p Try googling him and you'll get a bunch of Scrabble related links... haha ^^



^ Dong Yang aka Sleeping Beauty XD Looking smart... Mrs Soh said to him: Wear like that la to class =p


^ Ren-yi. So cool right... his brown suit =p Also somehow ended up being my disco dance partner for the evening XD


^ Ok-la, something without me in it XD Ren-yi and Michael doing the 'cheers' thing


^ Eric. I was in the same tuition class as this guy for years but didn't know him until SAM started, sad right? XD

He looked different (in a nice way) that evening too. Called him at 4.45 and he was at the hair dresser's. So that was what he was doing to his hair =p Almost didn't recognize him. Instead, I initially thought Michael and Ren-yi were asking some guy from the next table to snap a picture of them ^^


^ Yin Fong ^^ This girl made my day. While we were walking Tze Yin to her car, she slipped her arm through mine and said that she would miss me. I wasn't expecting it and was so touched =) We have to go ice-skating soon, k? 'll miss you too, and you looked really nice that evening.


^ Tze Yin. My IT project partner and out of the other 4 girls, probably the one I'm most similar to. Hot little black dress ya? XD


^ Pei Zhe. Still think she's a sweetheart ^^ Gonna miss her and Tze Yin too. I really liked how she altered a plain simple black dress, and added a short coat and a purple blouse to create her 'look' of the evening. Very original =)


^ Michael. Haha... one of those people I seem to be able to be myself and have proper conversations with, not to mention actually having things to talk about =p


^ Sulfya. One of the first few people I met on the first day of college ^^ Also on the Ed Board. And also looked gorgeous that evening. My smile is......... >_< ^ Hannah ^^ Hehe... all things sweet and nice.


^ Eu Vin. Pretty weird pic, but it's the only one I have of him, so sorry ya.

This guy's a natural at making friends XD Haha... Knowing how 'cold' I am to people I'm meeting for the first time, I'm still impressed that we got acquainted right on the first day of college, even though we weren't in the same class or anything. Just happened to have class orientation at neighboring classes and were hanging out at the corridor =p


^ Shan Min and I. She looked very pretty ^^ Almost could not recognize her as well, if not for her trademark bright sun-shiny smile =)


^ Another pic of us two... this time not in the washroom XD


^ Esther. This gal is a super-patient Math peer teaching teacher ^^


^ Ka Mun. Smart gal who's part of K2's Economics class and also the Ed Board, same department too XD


The Star Groomers/The Lecturers ^^


^ K2 and Ms Yeap (math) minus Sutesh, Dong Yang and Wei Kiat (who didn't attend)


^ Us girls and Ms Yeap... she looked different too that night =)


^ This one's with Jana who looked angelic that evening ^^


^ Mrs Soh. Wonderful Economics teacher. It's partly due to her that I like Economics ^^


^ Ms Alicia Foo (accounting). Like the way she tied her shawl ^^ I think she's the lecturer who's subject's homework I don't complete the most, apart from Math XD

And the DANCING! Haha... well, since I still haven't got permission to get a taste of clubbing, the ballroom's disco area doubled as my make-shift club =p

Almost everyone in K2 had already left for supper or something, and the remaining ones who wanted to dance were only Ren-yi and I, and later Tze Yin... so we hit the dance floor and got 'high' (actually only Ren-yi and I la, Tze Yin was kinda shy XD)

Couldn't resist it la, they were playing all these groovy dance music... and I like techno, bhangra, house, dance-able hip-hop, all those hip-shaking sound bytes... and that was what the in-house DJ played XD Nuts right? Dancing in killer high-heels. I think I looked quite ridiculous, couldn't even hip swirl properly and legs hurting like mad.... but we paid to have fun.... so to Timbuktu with what others think =p

But really, haven't danced like that since Tekam Super Camp's Dance Night ^^


^ Yin Fong and I ^^ This was how dark the ballroom got at one point


^ The gal =)

I went to sleep at 4 a.m XD First of all, came back close to 1, and make-up and contact lenses took forever to 'deal' with. Then had ginseng soup at 3. Apparently, I wasn't the only one still awake. Messaged Wye Luun at 3.15a.m. and to my surprise, got back a reply from him =p Soon after, sleep beckoned =)

Fin! Finally completed! This post seriously took forever to do, what with uploading the pictures and all ^^

There are a few more pics, like the one with some members of the Ed Board and with Wai Yen... but yet to receive those. So perhaps some other time.

Later days! =)

0 sweets:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin