Saturday, October 27, 2007

I did mention in the previous post that today was the last day of SAM. Well, I've got a confession... what I'll actually miss the most is having classes to attend and assignments to complete (I know, I'm an assignment-holic XD ), as well as really dedicated teachers such as Mrs Soh (economics).

When I become a mother, and should I ever become a teacher/lecturer, I would like to be one that is in the mould of Mrs Soh. To quote Yin Fong, "I really admire Mrs Soh because her students respect her and she's a good teacher". If she weren't my lecturer, I can't be certain if I would like economics as a subject as much as I do now. Indeed, the supply or Mrs Soh's in the market is perfectly inelastic. She treats each and every one of us as her own child, getting herself concerned about every one of us. Plus, she bakes yummy chocolate chip muffins for us ^^

I'll try my very best to get an A for econs!

And also... Ms Geetha. Haha, surprised? Well, frankly speaking, I guess most if not all except me K2-ians aren't too fond of her. Erm... I've liked most of my English teachers and Ms Geetha is therefore no exception. Yes, she isn't too motherly (probably because she doesn't have any kids) and she may not be the most outgoing teacher on Earth... but I feel that under her, my English has further blossomed.

She's always been very encouraging (I wouldn't have entered the short story competition if it wasn't for her), is discreet (well, I think so lah, apart from the fact that every K2 lecturer shares info about the class among themselves XD ), shows the class interesting stress relief videos ( =p ) , is helpful when I bug seek her advice on how to improve on my English scores, and believes in me enough to think that an A20 in English is achievable by moi. I'll try hard to have that elusive A20 in my grasp! ^^

And there's also Ms Yeap. She's NOT the easiest teacher to get along with, and Math has always been my weakest link, but I know all the tears and sweat she put me through were for my own good. I wish we get along better and that our class could have had a better relationship with her, but at times I really do think she's one great teacher although it would be nice if she had used a different approach tactic when it came to us

But any teacher who can withstand the abuse of reading our so-called anonymous and not-too-flattering comments, while not taking it out on us, deserves a thumbs up in my book XD

A big thank you to Ms Alicia (Accounting) and Ms Sue (IT) as well. I had a phobia of acocunting when I first started SAM but I've slowly started to warm up to accounting although I'm still not good at it >_< partly due to Ms Alicia's careful efforts. Ms Sue has also been a very mother-like figure who believes in me as well... and therefore, it is also one of my wishes to score an A for IT to show my appreciation.

To speak the truth, I was quite miserable the first few days of college, and this year isn't one of the most memorable schooling years I've had... but in retrospect, being thrown into a whole new environment away from my comfort zone was a much needed learning curve.

I learned to grit my teeth and cope, and to look beyond the surface. I've made a few friendships that although may not be as strong as the bond I share with my ex-Samad classmates, might have a lasting chance after all. And although I initially felt that I didn't fit in, I think I've found my niche market XD .

Yin Fong, Tze Yin and Pei Zhe... thanks for making me 'open up' ^^ I'll treasure memories of our long lunches, and how sampat we were laughing over everything and anything. Jana, thanks for lending me your notes, and for being there whenever I had to consult someone regarding college stuff. As for Michael and Ren-Yi, you're both the two guys I'm closest to in K2. Thanks for all the help and memories.

This year, I also became friends with a Math tuition mate I've had since form 2 but never spoke to until this year. As he lives just a few rows away, he became my bus mate in addition to being my IT course and Ed Board mate, . Thanks Eric for everything. You've teman-ed me, you've helped me out and you've been a great friend who's always there to lend a helping hand.

As for all my Ed Board friends, especially those in the features department with me - Shyan, Jie Huei, Shan Min, Ka Mun, Hannah and Melanie - I've had a great time working on Winanga Li with you guys. One of the things that kept me sane this year was the yearbook and the sense of family we had that was present during meetings and yearbook related activities. This friendship has extended beyond the confines of the board, and I hope to keep in touch with you guys.

Thanks to my K2 classmates as well, who've shared the ups-and-downs of being a student in K2.

All the best in the finals and in the future to each and everyone of you who have graced my life with your presence this year, no matter how significant or otherwise. Take care! ^^ Hope to see at least some of you during the exam period as well as during prom.

0 sweets:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin