Thursday, October 04, 2007

Adele is in a dilemma. Well, a few dilemmas actually, but the one I'm going to 'disclose' is rather... trite XD

It's really just that I can't for the life of me decide if I should risk shattering all the ideals I've built around my beloved The Dark is Rising sequence (written by Susan Cooper, her books are awesome stuff ^^ ).

As a rule, I tend to ban myself from viewing most book adaptations as most times, I feel sorely disappointed after the show and can't quite ever view the book - that the adaptation was based on - in the same light.


But well, you see, the special effects in The Seeker: The Dark is Rising (gee, there is no book in the sequence titled The Seeker =p ) looks awesome, and the props and landscapes (I love Gothic and medieval architecture) in England look great! =)

However, evil Hollywood figures being profit-driven and all, decided that being faithful to the book - which, by the way, isn't set in the age of laptops and cell phones - would just shock the pants off Generation Y kids who *gasp* can't ever imagine life without all those cool technological gadgets.

Therefore, we instead get the movie version Will (who is the Seeker by the way) as a 21st century rather ignorant brat with a dysfunctional family (hey, the Stantons in the book were such a nice, warm bunch).

Erm... if I ever do get around to fulfill my dream of one day directing/producing a The Dark is Rising movie... do remind me to be faithful to the original, even if it involves giving me a good bashing XD

And....... Mr Director and the casting crew..... the last time I checked, Susan Cooper described Merriman as tall, thin, and with grayish hair.

So why is the movie Merriman dark haired and rotund?? Oh well. I personally believe that all actors should be given equal opportunities, so if the guy's really good as Merriman, not having him fit the book's description isn't so bad I guess.

But... he had better be terrific in the role................... =_= And... not having the majestic hawk-nosed, gray-haired, formidable Merriman is somewhat of a letdown.

So, haha... the question remains... to watch or not to watch?

P/S: The Golden Compass is coming out later this year... to watch or not to watch? XD

0 sweets:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin