Friday, July 03, 2009

Dreams




...to some people, dreams are everything in life. I knew that was what defined me as well once upon a time. It was my dreams, or nothing at all.

Then reality caught up and I lost hope in life. What was the point when all I ever wanted life to be, could not be?

Until now, this girl is trying to find her footing. Friends have gone on to pursue their own interests or at the very least, reconciled themselves with the inevitable.

In her heart she is envious, dreaming of the interiors of museums she will never pace, the historical sites and artifacts she can only hope to live long enough to see. The award winning books she might never pen, the fashion shows that will not miss her presence, the films she may never direct or star in... the dream life that is not hers to lead.



On really bad days, I still cry for that Adele, the one who feels trapped in the conventional direction she tried so hard to avoid taking.

However, she and I both know that it's ok, there is still hope and balance between dreams and harsh reality.

"Big girls don't cry". They just focus on the moment and work towards a vision of the future.

The knowledge that perhaps, just perhaps, there are some of those long cherished dreams and a future to look forward to... keeps me going.

1 sweets:

Unknown said...

Ai... I know exactly how you feel. I wanted to study Fine Arts and be an artist; pursue my music education or write but since I'm the oldest, I have to settle for a more... payable degree. Luckily, I'm quite a math person so Finance should be ok. But dreams... =/

Blog Widget by LinkWithin