Sunday, August 05, 2007

Adele is an idiot XD In my last post about the three J-Rock bands that make my day, it should actually be 4... because ONE OK ROCK is way up there with An Cafe, ELLEGARDEN and B'z in my 'rabu-rabu' list =p




There's not one single OOR song I dislike (well, I like some more than others, but overall I could listen to all their songs on repeat ^^ ) and their progress from amateurs to Indies rock group wannabe to full fledged rockers is fascinating.

I won't go into introducing OOR, since I've already done a pretty long write up on them in my Vox blog some time ago. Instead, I'll plunge right into their new single *yay!* =p



Tsutomu Tsutomu ~ Yume Yume ~ consists of two songs (thank goodness... short and sweet, no instrumental versions) - Tsutomu Tsutomu ~ Yume Yume and Karasu. Let's start with TT~YY. OOR's sound this time round is somewhat different from their previous singles, and thus TT~YY seems to have more... funk in it. There's more of this electronica sound to it, which actually makes TT~YY seem a little like a cross between J Rock and J Techno. I can't say that I like this style much, but on a positive note, Taka sounds great and Toru's rapping's more polished now.

Karasu time. Out of the two tracks, this is the one which I prefer as it sounds more like the usual OOR. I really love the sound of electronic guitars, and Alex and Toru definitely don't disappoint. In Karasu, it's their turn to shine as although Taka's vocals still sound good... Alex and Toru totally steal the show with their guitar riffs.

Overall though... I prefer their previous effort - Naihi Shinsho. I have to admit that I'm slightly disappointed. But still, it's a good attempt by OOR that's sure to win them more fans. By next year, I predict these guys should have a pretty solid underground following considering the amount of local and overseas fans being converted through live gigs, word of mouth, blogs and mp3 rotations XD

On to TTYY's MV. Yes, I was crazy enough to download all 68+ MB of it =p It's their best quality MV so far, and this time they could actually fit a few more extras into their budget. Hehe... yup, girls, people... girls in their MV. And for the very first time it's not the schizophrenic goth-vamp type seen in Naihi Shinsho but quite hot looking ones... the guys must have been real happy XD Erm... but what in the world is Taka wearing?? And as usual.... there's too much Taka and Toru and too little close-ups of the others. I want to see Alex!! =p

P/S: I should write in my Vox blog more ^_~ Google ONE OK ROCK and somewhere down along the first page you'll come across my Vox entry on them. I'm honoured perasannya ^^

0 sweets:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin