Monday, August 13, 2007

Adele is blessed. The next time, before going into a tirade of complaints centered around my non-existent love life or my kiasu-ism... I will think twice and remember the millions of sorely disadvantaged children and adults in various countries, and count my blessings. Although I may be currently traumatized by that idiot bf-less and likely to go for SAM prom pathetically dateless or without the guy of my dreams XD ... those are but really tiny matters compared to starvation, war, etc.

I've got caring relatives who worked themselves to the bone today just to give me a blast of an 18th birthday, friends who came to celebrate with me even though one lives quite far away in Shah Alam and 3 of them have tests tomorrow, and a lot of good food to eat today. Which brings us back once again to the fact that while everyone was stuffed with food (and I had birthday buffet lunch at Renaissance Hotel as a treat too), there are way too many people out in the world who haven't had a single morsel to eat today. Every ten seconds, at least 2 people die from starvation.

Truly, I feel very very blessed and fortunate.

0 sweets:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin