Sunday, October 12, 2008

I really should be in bed.

Grr. I hate how I become insomniac-ish when under stress, no matter how sleepy and tired I am. It's just... I keep dwelling on worst-case scenarios until I scare myself into a frenzy and toss and turn in bed.

@#% exams start on the 23rd. 11 days away. The only studying I've done is for COM1020, and my 'achievement' is not enough to even attempt one of the basic 100-word-essay questions in the paper. Starting to get really sick of 1020 and all those 'wth! this makes no sense' uber over-structured and complicated sentences in the journals (which when compiled is our textbook, thus 100% examinable).

I seriously don't know how I'm going to break down, comprehend and store enough info to write four 100 word essays and two 600 word essays in 2 freaking hours. That's a total of 160 lines! Thank Zeus the exam only carries a 30% weightage.

Still... if I didn't do well in assignment 2 (worth 40%), and even if I did alright, I'll need all the marks I can scrape together to achieve at least a Distinction.

Dreading exam season with all my heart. I still remember all the tears, anxiety and anguish that accompanied studying for exams in June... because I prepared right at the last minute, in between papers, for all 4 subjects.

It's going to be even worse this sem. Only 4 days separate Macroecons from Marketing, and only a miserable 1 day between Marketing and Business Law (open-book, so it needs the most note-taking preparation. Not enough of that, and guaranteed an instant fail or barely passed grade >.< )

Suddenly all the light-heartedness and optimism I've been feeling lately is fast draining away, and I'm becoming grouchy and high-strung again. *sad*

0 sweets:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin