Sunday, October 12, 2008

After all that ranting... something a little less depressing and annoying =)

10 little known things about me

♥ I love most things banana-flavoured
Chocolate banana cake, Chocolate banana Pocky, banana cake (hehe, Boon Aik still remembers this XD ), etc all make me very happy XD

♥ My great-grandmother was a Singaporean Nyonya
Actually, just found out about this recently from mum. We were commenting on how Ken has 'exotic' slightly brown-gold coloured hair and she said "you're actually more exotic than him since your great-grandmother was..."

No wonder my grandfather looked a bit not Chinese in his official portrait.

♥ My first so called 'secret admirer' was in kindergarten
There was this boy who liked to hug me and plant kisses on my cheek =P

♥ I'm super neat when it comes to unwrapping gifts
Usually, wrapping paper survives mostly intact under me when it comes to the unwrapping process. Can't say the same when I'm the one handling the wrapping though ;)

♥ I can't remember the last time I cut my fingernails
Uh-huh... because I haven't cut them in years. Ashamed to admit this, but there's something about the solid, shiny metal of the nail-clipper that freaks me out when it comes to fingernails. So that's where my nail-biting habit comes handy. Lol.

♥ I ADORE thick black soya sauce
Hehe... it's the Hokkien genes inherited from my two Amoy/Xiamen origin grandfathers. Amoy in Southern China's famous for its soya sauce. Hence, a lot of Hokkien cuisine incorporates caramelised dark soya sauce in the recipe. Eg: Hokkien Mee, Bak Kut Teh, Loh Ahk (braised duck) and my all time fav - my grandmother's black sauce prawns... yum! =9

♥ I've burned myself on a spotlight
There's a light and gradually fading scar not far from my right elbow that I got when I unwittingly laid my hand on the spotlights illuminating a menu at a Chinese restaurant in Subang Parade. Was around 6 or 7 then and yet to dicover how hot a spotlight can be XD

♥ The government schools I've been to serve better food than the private institutions I attend/attended
Canteen food at primary school was lovely (and cheap!), esp the noodles, hence why I balloned up around the ages of 8-12.

My secondary school was also known for great canteen food while I was studying there. I'll always look forward to lunch after prefectorial duties + in early form 5 got to hang out with Mr Yip Jun Ho while partaking in the spread. Hehe ^^

Meanwhile, Taylor's started off having a cafeteria that did not sell any food. Then, there was food but of the packaged, meant to last a few days convenience store type. Monash, on the other hand, has a cafeteria with quite a lot of variety........ except that more than 50% is spicy in some way, or too salty >.<

♥ I watched Euro 08 finals with Auli and Gary

Hehe, this one was really last minute =P The Samad gang met up for an outing on the day of the Euro finals, and Auli proposed that we watch it together. In the end, Gary and I agreed and we stayed up from 11 pm to 5.30 am at Auli's house =) Germany v Spain. I'm the neutral one whilst Auli and Gary are long-time Spain (Iker XD ) supporters.

♥ I cried the first time I did abseiling
Erm... SMK SAS prefectorial board of 05/06 would know about this, since it happened during prefects camp at Fraser's Hill. I didn't have trouble roping down. It was the letting go at the upper ledge of the wall that caused problems.

Was really scary since I have a phobia of free falling backwards. In the end, it took quite a bit of coaxing to get me to let go. Turned out that the rope was very secure and abseiling down the practice wall was really easy + fun ;)

0 sweets:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin